If you follow my personal blog, Champagne Bubbles, chances are you are already aware of my deep, deep love for a little morning pick me up called The Green Monster (queue scary background music). No but really, this sucker tastes good and it's good for you - and I am now a loyal follower of The Green Monster Movement.
Some things I noticed from drinking a daily monster: my nails grew faster, my skin cleared up (almost immediately - really), my hair grew longer, my eyelashes even grew, and I had a surprising amount of energy (happy energy, not I-drank-too-much-coffee-and-I'm-jittery energy).
Here's my combination:
- 1 tbsp ground flax: rich in fiber, B-vitamins and Omega-3 Fatty Acids (read more about the benefits here)
- 2 cups raw spinach: super rich in nutrients and come on, Popeye ate it, so, you know...(more info here)
- 1 banana: here are 14 health benefits you might not know about bananas.
- Handful of blueberries: loads of antioxidants and good for your memory too! (more info here)
- 1 cup of unsweetened, vanilla almond milk: low in calories and easily transformed into energy in the body (more info here)
- Lots of ice: this is a key element - this smoothie has to be enjoyed cold, at least for me.
I pour my morning green monster into a pretty wine glass for an added touch of indulgence!
Here are some other combinations that readers tweeted to us or wrote to us on facebook:
- highflyingheart frozen banana & blueberries make all the difference! it's like a milkshake. but a super antioxidant one ;)
- Ashlee Gadd No, but I sneak a handful of spinach into my pink, strawberry banana smoothies...does that count? (we think it totally does)
- Sarah Trostle Vanilla soy milk! Its deeeelicious!
- Lauren Welsh I add a generous amount of cinnamon to my green monster - so good!
- With love, Rachel a handful of spinach, half a banana, a dollop of peanut butter, and a splash of (vanilla) almond milk. :)