"Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food."
There are few things on this planet more comforting than a favorite, homecooked meal.
Sure, everybody enjoys eating out (no cleanup!) but as this new season descends upon us, filled with exciting fruits and vegetables, it's pretty safe to say that a candlelit fall meal is just the ticket.
Take some time in the coming weeks, whether with friends, family or alone, to cook up a delicious fall meal, light up some pumpkin spice candles, and live into the season.
Here are some dinner ideas from around the web:
- Pumpkin Pancakes: who says pancakes have to just be for breakfast?? (tip: cook up some diced apples with butter and brown sugar in a saute pan until soft and serve over these bad boys!)
- Acorn squash with beef filling: few things scream fall more than acorn squash
- Baked shrimp in tomato feta sauce: enjoy the last of the summer's fruits with this light dish
- White bean burgers: serve with baked sweet potato fries!
- Chicken Tikka Masala: get adventurous one evening and go global!
Please share any of your favorite fall recipes in the comments section!