We've been fortunate enough over the past little while to make some very cool friends...like SmartFlyer, a luxury travel company based in New York that takes a more creative approach to their business. They've generously offered to give us incredibly informative (and beautiful) posts all about travel. Today, we're going on a trip to Providenciales, Turks & Caicos with them. Enjoy!
About Turks & Caicos
How to get there: It’s a quick 3.5 hour flight from NYC into Providenciales (PLS), Turks & Caicos Island.
Why Go: Have you heard of Grace Bay Beach? White powder sand under cerulean blue water that goes on forever, some of the best diving and snorkeling you’ll find, great food, gorgeous island, and friendly locals.
Did you know? Potcake' is the name given to the dogs of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands. It came about because the locals fed the caked remains of the cooking pot to the dogs. Potcake Place is a non-profit dog rescue organization for the local puppies on the Turks and Caicos Island. You can adopt a puppy or help courier a puppy to its new owner in your destination.
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears or the sea." - Isak Dinesen
We’re a huge believer of the Dinesen’s quote. Turks and Caicos is easy to travel to, yet it seems to be worlds away. The water surrounding the island is the perfect shade of turquoise and is home to some of the best snorkeling and diving in the Caribbean. The island's Grace Bay Beach is famous for its beauty, and nestled in the dunes you'll find some of the greatest restaurants in the islands.
The Beach House
Where the rooms have no numbers…
The Beach House is the newest name on the world famous Grace Bay Beach and we’re already in love. The 21 all-suite beachfront property is chic, laid-back, and so charming. Complete with a spa and fitness center and incredible cuisine prepared by an award-winning chef, this hotel is as beautiful as the scenery that surrounds it. Our perfect week would include a stay in one of these lovely suites, a lot of snorkeling, hunting for sea glass, swimming in the crystal clear Caribbean water, and lots of lunches at the Conch Shack!
1. Warby Parker Jasper Marine Slate sunglasses: The polarized lenses in these Warby Parker sunglasses will protect your eyes from the strong Caribbean sun, and their finish resembles the surrounding blue waters.
2. Beach Candy Basic Turkish beach towel from Turkish-T: Bright and cheery, this eco-friendly, hand loomed cotton beach towel will stand out over the white sand of Grace Bay Beach.
3. Ashei Bikini Top from Anthropologie: The perfect blend of chic and casual for those long walks along the lengths of Grace Bay Beach.
5. Essie 'Turquoise and Caicos' Nail Polish: The name says it all!
6. Mar Y Sol Dakar Basket Tote: The perfect beach bag - Large enough for all the essentials (sunscreen, beach reads and iPod speakers!), and chic enough to go from beach to dinner.
7. Emerson Fry White Mod: Slip on this simple and chic Emerson Fry number after getting back from the beach and look dinner appropriate in an instant.
9. Zara Heeled Sandals with Ball Details: The perfect shoe for a romantic dinner by the water.
10. Lomography Fisheye Submarine underwater camera case: We love Lomos, and this case fits both the Fisheye 1 & 2 cameras. We can’t think of anything better to help you capture that crystal clear blue of the Caribbean Sea.
SmartFlyer is a luxury travel company headquartered in New York City. The company is a member of Virtuoso, a by- invitation-only consortia of luxury travel professionals, and is also part of PURE Life Experiences, a private network of travel industry luminaries.
Thanks for all this amazing info, SmartFlyer! We are craving those white sand beaches and that salty water.
If you have a small business or blog you'd like to promote on our blog — we offer a number of different promotion options. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more package information and rates.